Saturday 3 January 2015

(Brag) I'm FINALLY quitting after 6 months

6 month Uber driver with ~800 trips completed. Sending the phone back after I receive my paycheck next week.

I should preface this by saying that I hate technology, social media, web 2.0, smartphones...and I'm somewhat of a misanthrope already but driving for Uber has solidified that. Note, I'm actually a pretty nice and agreeable person when I'm treated with respect. However, this job is the worst. The money ain't shit. The riders are insufferable. The app sucks, the company sucks, the pay is a joke.

I am done with yuppie trendy douchebags who have $200 bar tabs but can't toss me $5 on their $2.40 ride.
I am done with not being tipped.
I am done with the inane small talk.
I am done dealing with IQs well under 80.
I am done dealing with Neanderthals.
I am done being treated like a subhuman.
I am done kissing ass.
I am done being a slave.
I am done having to listen to shitty "music".
I am done with cops and traffic.
I am done working for this joke of a company that treats its drivers like shit.
I am done being afraid to make real money at a real job.
I am done doubting myself.
I am done being AFRAID to fail.

I understand for some people this seems like your only option. It's not. DARE to make a change in your life, even if it means borrowing money, maxing out your CCs, taking out a cash advance...ANYTHING is better than life as an uber slave.

I'm half-joking with my financial advice. After all, anyone who drives for uber can't be doing too well in life. It's sad but true. We obviously made some bad mistakes to get to this point but we can fix them starting NOW. UBER is not the solution. It's just a fucking joke. Waste of time an energy. Think of all the bullshit you've put up with with this soul-destroying, thankless, bullshit job. (oh sure, 66% of the pax are pleasant enough, but the 10% of absolute garbage make it unbearable for me).

Fuck travis. fuck his little ratings. fuck his trendy little platform, fuck his company, fuck his employees, fuck his customers.

For anyone out there with marketable skills, higher education, or even high intellect and drive, QUIT THIS JOKE OF A MCJOB and follow your dreams. I know the unknown is scary. But I'll take it over the shitty known of life as an uber driver.

former uber driver out.

http://uberpeople.net/threads/brag-im-finally-quitting-after-6-months.10206/

No comments:

Post a Comment